Tuesday 18 January 2011

At long last I have managed to get to the rec, however, it was around 3pm and there were few birds about.  I’d left home to go and pick up some pills I was owed and then to the GP to make an appointment.  Just across the road from the doctors is Riversley Park so I went a ride around there before heading off to town to do a bit of shopping.  While I was there I managed to add jackdaw and fieldfare and another 12 species as well, not bad for about 30 minutes birding in an urban area.  After that a ride through town and with most of the shopping done, I headed to the rec.  I didn’t actually do the full rec cos I had got very cold again but I did add a redwing to my list.  There was a lot of gulls circulating around but I didn’t stop to see them land but from I did see they were mostly black-headed and herring gulls.  So I finally managed to get there, next time it will be in the morning and hopefully there will be more about.

Daft sayings time again ... , The BBC News has just finished and the hand over from the national to the local news had the current 'in thing' saying, “And now, over to the news where you are.”  But hang on, BBC Midlands is in Brum, 25 miles up the road.  So it’s hardly ‘where I am’ is it?

Inflation is up again, did you see it on the News?  But what do you expect with a Tory lead government?  It was exactly the same when Mad Maggie was in #10.  Their whole ethos is to keep the working man down and build up the managers and leaders and so far Daft David id doing the same.  How any working class man in his  right mind would ever consider voting Tory is beyond me!  But they do and then they moan about the results that come after.  Last year Tom Wilson the then Mayor of Dorktown resigned from the local Tory party.  I was laughing my head off over it and thinking, “The Mayor is nearly converted, the Mayor is nearly converted.”  So what is the answer then?

There’s not a lot to choose between any of them really.  Love him or hate Terribly Tony was good for the UK and I’m sure Labour would have got in again if he had still been leader.  Goopy Gordon was a real nightmare.  At some time or other we’ve said about our Bosses, “He’s useless, I could do the job better than him!”  But then some of us do get the Boss’s job and find out it’s not quite so easy as we thought.  That’s what happened to Brown.  My main worry now is that he may have damaged the Labour party so much it won’t recover for a long, long time, if ever.

So then we have Nutty Nick and the orange machine.  Oh dear ... what can I say?  Moving in with Daft David just for a taste of the top table fare has put me even further against them.

There's UKIP, BNP, EDL, Communists (are they still about peddling their crap?), Greens, Monster Raving Looines (mind they're needed to intsill a bit of fun politics), and loads of others.  
So there we have it then.  Britain is on its way down the plug hole yet again.  What a nightmare.  I always said that when I became one of the idle rich I would move to Cyprus to live.  I’ve got the idle bit now all I need is rich bit ;-)))

From Bill again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment