Tuesday 28 June 2011

Rainham at last

At long last we got to Rainham Marsh on Sunday.  Not a lot birdwise but we still had a good day.  Here's a couple of shots I got while I was there.










I think I said that I'm always on the look out for something different when I'm out with my camera, so here's one I just had to do ...



OK, so there's been lots of shots of pylons over the years but this is the first one have done.  The bright blue sky behind the pylon as well as all the angles stood out well for me and I liked it.




A thistle, a nice combination of coulurs and shapes.




Rainham Marsh visitor centre.  Not a bad building but it takes some working out how to get onto the reserve through it,  Using our sccoters we had to drive them up a ramp sistuated behind and to the left of this view and then enter the reserves down that ramp of the right as you look at it.  The pathways were very good though and we had a good day.  On the way around we heard a really strange bird call and we looked for it but couldn't find it at all.  When we got in the near by hide we heard it again.  It wasn't a bird but a marsh frog, see we learn all the time.  From this hide I got thsi shot ...




I had seen a large plumb of dark someke in the distance as we were traveling around but I was surroised to see that it was coming froma a ship.  Luckily for the skipper they don't have any laws on this sort of thing.  An artic would be taken off the road becuase of the amount of crap this was pushing out!

There I was sat sitting enjoying a 'quiet' pint in Whetherspoons in Dorktown when a row broke out between two young female friends sat near by.  It gradually escallated and as one of them went out for fag she continued to shout abuse at the other one.  At that point the manager came over and told the other one that if they didn't keep quiet they would ahve to leav the pub.  OK, fine.  I finished my pint and went up for a second one and I saw the manager running off towards the door, and there on the floor falt out on her face was the girl who had gone out for a smoke.  Before long an ambulance arrived and they carted the woman off to hospital.  The things is, the only thing wrong with her being drunk and I do object to so many r.esurces being used up dealing with these people.  No-one was standing over her with a gun at her ehad making her drink her pint of lager, she was in that state volentarily.  So in my opinion she should be made to pay for the full cost of the ambulance and any treatment she recieved.

Just as I was finishing my second pint I had a look at the menu in there and i got another idea for a book, that's about the eigth idea this week.  The first one hasn't been released yet though, #2 is nearly finished the writting stage, so hopefully both of them will get done soon enough.

 Whetherspoon pubs I have visited have lots of old books all around the rooms.  I love old books and I wish I had the room to keep more of them and the dosh to bye them.  Anyway, I had a look at one yesterday afternoon after all the fuss had died down and came across this at the start of them book ...

                                    For those who have awareness
                                         a hint is quite enough.
                                  For the mulitude of the heedless
                                      mere knowlegde is useless.

                                            (Haji Bektash Veli)

I'm sure I can find a way to include it in one of my books. 




No comments:

Post a Comment