Friday 25 March 2011

Now that seems daft to me ...

Jan and I were in the Willy White in Dorktown today and I was looking at the me n u and I noticed something that has had me wondering.  There's not there that says more or less, if you want a gluten free chioce of tattlies with your steak, order a baked jacket spud instead of chips.  Now, I've never heard that before and it do indeed sound daft to me.  The pint I had wasn't the best I've had in there either, but never mind eh.  There was what was termed a health market today in the town centre and we had alook around it.  To be honest we'd forgotten it was on, ah well ... it wasn't all that good really but I did pick up a couple of bits that show up the unit measure for each alcholic drink by group.  A pint of normal beer is 2 units.  An pint of 4.3% ABV beer is 2.3 units.  An alochopop is 1.4 units.  But remember this, it's of no use trying to use that measure to decide how much you can drink before being done for drink driving.  To my mind there's only one safe level and that's no booze at all if you are going to drive.

Market day tomorrow so we'll go off down there and see what happening and perhaps take a few photos.  But on Sunday we are off to Cley and Titchwell  so that we can get a decent full day's birindg in.  Hopefully I will have soen birdy shots to post on here on Monday or Tuesday. 

And don't forget folks ...

             The clocks go forward and hour tomorrow night!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment