Saturday 23 April 2011

Dorktown Market plus a bit

Another week has flown by and still no birding.  This week however I’ve not been all that well.  I think I’ve had a dose of flu.  Aching all over hot, sweaty, cold and clammy, shaking and then just make things a bit worse my Metformin decided it doesn’t want to play either and I’ve been feeling bloated, full and gassy all week too.  Anyway, today I thought I had to get out and about and went for work into Dorktown and its market, recently voted Britain’s best street market too!  No idea what they would have thought of it 10 years ago when it w as a lot better. 
 
I took my camera with and got a few shots, not as many as I would have liked but I’m still feeling a little delicate and didn’t want to overdo things.  Here’s one for you then ...

During the summer the council lays on street entertainers and this guy, a magician or illusionist (or whatever he wants to call himself was today’s turn). ...


This man seemed to be powering through town and I thought he looked like a man on a mission

On the way home I sat on a bench by the only the only town cnetre ring round in the UK ... it's even called a 'ringway', and saw some bright arange berries and thought them wortha shot ...
Lovely weather today, nice and warm, too warm some would say so just as a reminder of what it was like here a few months ago ...

Frozen Mount Street park ...




 Ditto ...


Ditto ...

Here’s a clothes shop ... but it was much, much better when was called the Peacock and was one of the best pub in town, just one of many we have lost in town over the years ...




I was asked why I taking a pic of it at the time and the young lass just couldn't understand what I was saying ... oh dear, kids these days!



Manor Court Baptist Church ... I once wrote a history of this place.  At one time there was talk of the congregation here merging with that in here ...



... The URC Chapel on Chapel Street, the oldest non-comformist chucrh in Dorktown.



I've just found this shot again.  It's over one of the doors to the Crew Rock bar on Queens Road, Dorktown.  It's a great pub and taxi drivers tell me its the place they have least trouble with at chucking out time.



I think I've aready siad that I like Art.  Well, if you keep your eyse open as you walk around you will find art all over the place.  This example was on the wall of a house in Earls Court area of London.



Art can does exsist in any manor at all.  This one was created by hammering in nial to the top of a table in the outside area of a pub in Camden Town in London. 

Well, I think the 12 pics is enough for one day.  Hope you liked them .. . oh yes, the Rochdale sage has been in touch again ... 

A man went to Harley Street in London, having seen an advert for a Gynaecologist's Assistant.

Knowing that nowadays, job advertisers aren't able to discriminate against the applicant's gender,

he was very interested, so he went in and asked the Clerk for details.

The Clerk pulled up the file and read:

"This job entails preparing ladies for the Gynaecologist. You will be responsible for helping them out of their underwear, laying them down and carefully washing their private areas, applying shaving foam to the necessary parts and removing all unwanted foliage, and finally, you'll be required to rub in soothing oils, in preparation for the Gynaecologist's examination.”

Then she told him “The annual salary is £65,000 and if you're interested, you'll have to go to Manchester."

"My goodness!", exclaimed the man, "Is that where the job is?".

She answered, "No Sir, that's where the end of the queue is..."

Nice dreams my readers ;-)))



                  

No comments:

Post a Comment